Thursday, June 01, 2006

Just thinking...

My mom's mom died when I was 2 1/2. I didn't know her or even remember her holding me (as she did every morning). I don't remember her taking me to K-Mart to have my photo taken, I don't remember her giving me baths and hugs and kisses. I don't remember her rocking me to sleep, I don't remember her smell or the sound of her voice. I don't remember how her hand felt when I would reach out and I don't remember her brush my hair. I don't even have alot of photos of her and I.

My mom says that if my Mema were alive today - we'd be BEST FRIENDS. We have so much stuff in common that you'd think we grew up together. We have the same taste in shoes and clothes and even jewelry, we both love the color green, love to create (Mom says that Mema would LOVE to scrapbook), like daisies, love looking at old photos, love to go to the lake and lounge around, and both hard-headed!

I wish I knew who my Mema was and wish even more that she was here today. However, when I look in the mirror I see my Momma...and when I look at my Momma I see my Mema.

1 Comments:

Blogger wink! photo booths said...

i understand how you are feeling! my pap died when i was in 6th grade and i still remember him but i'm forgetting a lot too... i feel like i want to know everything about my family members before it is their time.... the best thing to do is enjoy the time you have with everyone and cherish the pictures that you do have! :) one day u will meet again!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home